Friday, August 31, 2012

End of the Month

Another picture less post. Now that the seasons are changing again, hopefully I'll get some really nice fall shots. Right now, I can't believe that another month is over. I mean, the year is speeding by. I say that every new month but really, the older I get, the faster time goes by. Whether I'm having fun or not, so I guess I'll continue to have fun.

I am ready for the grand opening of Olde Mill Eclective, the aritst co-op I'm in. I would like to say that I am excited but my nerves are a bit frazzled because of lack of sleep and not being able to concentrate. My apartment building is getting a new roof. And it's even muggier because of that storm, Isaac. I am ready for some quiet and cooler temps.

We had our last meeting last night before our opening. I was excited then and will be tomorrow. We scored a wonderful group of people. Crazy creative people and I feel right at home. They are also getting to know the cute face of Wendy and the other creepy side of Wendy. That rocks!

I had started a few mini plush monsters to put in the new shop. Once I got them turned, I changed my mind and will keep them for the Krankie's Craft Fair. I was excited when I designed them, and even when I started putting them together but then something happened. As I was turning them inside out, I didn't feel anything. I wasn't excited anymore and knew that my days of making all things cloth were kind of over. I will still make cloth pieces on occasion or if someone wants one, but making a lot of them or limited editions, that's gone. I guess it's a part of growing as an artist and I realize it's time to try something new. I am still working on design details for my new bodies and it is a challenge. I email other artist friends who have been so lovely as to answer my questions.

I am looking forward to September. New pieces, fall and Halloween are coming, a new business venture with really cool people. There are times when I'm still scared and will continue to second guess myself but I am happier now. Not only am I feeling more like an artist, but more like a business artist.

And I got another commission.

2 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

So, so wish I could be there for you opening. To much on my palette. I follow your progress and send you much joy and best wishes.
XXOO
Steven

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I understand Steven, the shop will be open Tues through Sat from 10 am to 5 pm. Longer hours during the holidays or special events. I'm going to call you soon.

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...