Thursday, April 27, 2017

A New Day

And a new friend. We have a wham bam storm last night and this morning there was a guest when my friend opened the umbrella on the deck. I'll name him Juno.


I also got busy yesterday. That felt good. I hope I can do it again today. I started my next Redwork project, started editing two short stories, watched some art tutorials on You Tube, got back to sketching because I'm working on a new series or doll, and I talked to a good friend, a fellow doll artist who gave me some tips and hints to get going again. I think that's been the best part of the week, talking to someone who knows what I'm going through. That I'm not alone. I feel energized.

I like how more stabilized the fabric is with the woven interfacing on the back. Less puckering on the front and I can do more stitching on this guy.


Trying to figure out a body for a new doll and possibly some paintings I can make prints of. I don't know if I want her to be a little girl or young lady witch who will have some unusual adventures.


I started working on some facial expressions that may or may not end up on the final character. I've got a few fantasy art books I'm working from. This one is called DragonArt Fantasy Characters by J "NeonDragon" Peffer. I'll do more figure work too in the next few days. Sometimes you have to step back, pause, regroup, and move forward. Have a great day.


#wendyluane #witchdoll #sketches #pencilsketch #characterdevelopment

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...