Tuesday, April 25, 2017

No Pic Post

I haven't done one of these in awhile. People ask me how I'm settling in in my new local. I look at them and wonder what I'm to say. My move from North Carolina back to Michigan was very fast and something I really didn't want to do. But needed to do. I find myself a bit confused and ask 'Why am I here?' I'm having a hard time getting a grip on everyday things and feel quite at a loss most of the time. Just when I was getting back to creating and feeling good about it down south, I suffered a huge upheaval. And it's taking me time to get back to it. Unpacking is done. I still have to rearrange things and put things away I won't need or use right away. Do I call my new place my home? It's actually a friend's home and it's quite lovely. Will I be comfortable calling her place my home? Right now, I don't know. I feel like I'm just floating around and it's hard to plant a new seed and allow it to take root. My roots are floating, grasping at dirt or stones to feel connected again.

Being creative has been haphazard to say the least. Many bits and false starts. Everything is so different. Yet the same. Like traffic. I loathe traffic. So I'm trying to make my way back to creating so I can make a living. Another friend said that I should be allowed to take a bit more time to adjust because it's only been two months. But then I feel guilty that I'm not working at the moment. I am finding new craft shows and art organizations. Looking for things to participate in next year. Which is so far away. That brings me back to the now. Have I settled in?

Not yet.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...