Monday, June 11, 2018

No Pic Post

Yes,  a no pic post. Sorry about that. Last week was horrendous. Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain committed suicide. I didn't know of K. Spade but she was my age. I wasn't a Bourdain fan but started watching his programs again. His death was a shock. Then two days after his passing, a friend of twenty years died. I didn't even know she had been in the hospital. She drank herself to death. There were many days I cried last week and the weekend. So many talented people checking out. I was not in a very good place so I called a good friend. I woke her up. I apologized but so much was going on in my head, I needed her to listen. And she did. We were both laughing after an hour. It gave me time to look at things in a different perspective.

So....

Today, back to my mother's to continue clearing out my stuff. Geesh! I've got a lot of stuff. I found quite a few porcelain dolls I made years ago. And they were big dolls. I'm not into porcelain dolls much these days; I will keep a few but will probably take apart the others and sell as kits. Looking at the craftsmanship, I worked my little fingers off. But they've got to go. I found my first doll I saved up my allowance to get. I was maybe like twelve. Gonna keep her. And my Madame Alexander dolls. That's going way back. I even have a Hulk Hogan doll when I was way into wrestling when it was the WWF, World Wrestling Federation. One big bag of trash, brought back some fabric for my new witches, stacked more boxes to break down, started going through my old file cabinet (stuff should have been shredded ages ago), and mom gave me food. That is always a good thing. I also got a lot of my hair chopped off. No fuss summer hair. If I can get a decent pic I'll post it.

The month of my birthday and I won't be doing much because I forgot I had to get new vehicle tags. I did the last payment on a huge bill, so I'm thrilled about that but my birthday gift to me will have to wait until next month. For this new week I will finish my voodoo doll pins, get clothes on my witches, finish up some pen & ink drawings, and do a doll for someone else. That's it for now. Have a good evening.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...