Thursday, June 28, 2018

Day One

Of my next trip around the sun. Yep, it's my birthday. And so far so good. A couple of off-key renditions of that happy birthday song, which were hilarious. A long talk with a friend from another state. Lots of happy wishes on Facebook; a friend took me out to lunch. I had Salmon Ratatouille and a Blueberry Mule for a drink. Blueberry infused vodka with ginger beer. I wasn't driving.


Bella made it to North Carolina just fine. She picked up some reading once she got there and is ready for her stage debut.


A new year for me. Last year was, well, it was better than the year before so that's saying something. I now have a mission and a bucket list of sorts that I will be working towards. I'm going to do a personal challenge of a piece of artwork everyday for 365 days. The next trip around the sun. Could be anything but probably drawings or paintings. While cleaning up my mother's place (an ongoing process), I found a small sketchbook from when I was in undergrad at university. A... long...time...ago... I'll work on filling that up. It is 4 inches by 6 inches in size. About 30 pages..



Today is celebrating and relaxing and I'm about to binge watch some movies that have been on my list for awhile. Because tomorrow, it starts. The creative movement and that's because I have about eight days off from the other job. Nice huge blocks of time to make stuff.

1 comment:

meemaw said...

Happy Birthday! I enjoy following your blog; may you have a serendipitously wonderful year, and please keep sharing!

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...