Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Still Kickin'

The last two weeks were difficult and I'm glad they're in the history books.  Things got better over the weekend and I started creating again. Got the doll together for the children's theater production and today I will paint the face and add hair. I don't have to dress it because it will have an outfit identical to one of the actresses. I also pulled dolls I had made for an independent film that hasn't left the shelf. The person who is directing the children's stage production is the one who's film is on the shelf. So we have some history and it's the only reason I'm doing this.


The doll is like 23 and a bit in inches. She's got a bottom so she can sit a bit. They wanted her to have fingers. And they want a special hairdo for her and she's got to be able to fit into a backpack. Now I know why I don't do big dolls. They take for-ev-er to stuff. It wasn't until I got her head on when I realized she was kind of cute.


I would say about 90% of the dolls on this table were made for the film. They will be used on the set of the play. I have to wait for the okay of what to send. This morning, after coffee, I will take better pics for the producer and he can choose what he wants. During my move last year, the dolls were tucked away. When I went to look for them, I decided to go ahead and catalog them. I did a lot of work and that I am proud of. My creative mojo hasn't gone anywhere, I just forgot that I had it. Once these babies are in the mail this week, I can go on to other projects and BOY do I have a bunch of projects.

Everyone have a great day.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...