Thursday, January 28, 2010

Koji

Here he is. Koji the Bear. I'm not the best photographer but here he is. He's sporting a faux under kimonos, altered hanten (jacket) and mompe (pants). His tabi and zori are needle felted.
I had a lot of fun making his clothing. There are some things that I will do different next time around but that's all a part of learning. I can't wait to get started on the next one.

I love how I made his tongue stick out. A little playful and mischievous he is. He will be heading for the Hampton House Gallery for the Small Art, Big Heart Show and Sale.


Had to get a back view too. Next time I will use wool batting to start the body and a bit of core wool and then the nicer, color wool. I didn't have problems with the armature that I thought I would, only with the awful material I used to pad it with. Learning all the time. I would like to find someone to make my stands and I'm still working on taking pics. Argh!



4 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Wendy, what a handsome little fellow. Can't wait to see him in the gallery.
Steven

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Steven. I hope he sells but if he doesn't, that's okay too. I can't wait to do some more.

Kim said...

Hi! I popped over to your blog from somewhere else and I love your blog!!! This bear turned out amazing! I am just starting to learn how to needlefelt- and I love dolls- hope you don't mind me following along :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Kim for stopping by. I'm glad you like Koji. Please follow along. I'll be posting again tomorrow with my next needle felt project.

Northern MN? I went to a wedding in Bemidji, MN. That was as far north in MN I've been. Cheers!

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...