Thursday, January 28, 2010

Winslow & Jeffrey

I mentioned earlier that I was going to attempt a painting a month. The month is almost over and here is my painting. It's Winslow and his pal Jeffrey the Rat and they are sending a birthday greeting to a friend of mine. They'll probably end up being needle felted groupies.
This is my initial sketch. There are tombstones on the cake and 3 torches for candles. There is one bat balloon and an eyeball in the glass. Jeffrey was added in the finished painting. The painting is 4" x 5.5" and I think the smallest I've done to date. Done in acrylic and I had fun. We'll see what I come up with next month.

2 comments:

kaslkaos said...

Intriguing, there's a story there. I love the way you mention having fun as an important element.
Ambled over to your blog from twitter.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thank you kaslkaos, glad you stopped by.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...