Saturday, January 30, 2010

Marlow

This is Marlow. I started her last year and put her aside. The fear of the unknown crept in and I put her aside. I liked her head, I knew she was going to be a girl but I am very new to needle felting and didn't think she was going the way I wanted her to. Oh the perfectionist. But I didn't throw her away, which I sometimes do with projects that just won't work.

I love Halloween and she was going to be my first needle felt Halloweener. Now, I will bring her to life. I'll take a pic of the sketch I had done. She's got a spider with a jeweled collar and on a leash. The spider might be turned into a rat. I don't normally like rats, but Halloween and rats seem to go together.

She will probably be on a stand, so I have to figure out her leg and make sure she gets another one. I've got some nice olive green and rust fabrics for her outfit and will probably needle felt stripes on her legs. She'll also have a nice black tulle crinoline. I'm getting excited.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...