Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bunners

This is my first Bunner. Rabbit. I use to have bunners, a Lop Ear and a mini Dutch. Loved them to pieces. The Lop was a diva and the Dutch shared peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with me, destroyed school books I didn't like (the bunner ate my homework), figure eights around my feet while I cooked, and did the greatest helicopter spins.
Any hoo, I started these for Easter but got snagged up on the creative process and put them away. I knew I could do them, see Koji, but for some reason I they stopped being appealing. Bad Wendy poked her head above a stack of books and was ready to pounce when Good Wendy popped up. She asked me why a change of heart with the bunners? After all, I liked them. I thought about it and Bad Wendy started to smile like the Grinch before his heart got bigger. I said that I didn't want to dress them as Eastery things. Good Wendy said, "Don't. What do you like?" I said, "Kimonos. Like Koji." Good Wendy said "Then dress them in kimonos." What a concept.

Now I can sell them any time of the year and not be limited to a holiday. Bad Wendy disappeared. Feeling better now. Chocolate would really top it off. I've got to get some tomorrow.


2 comments:

Kim said...

Good Wendy is on the job! I can't wait to see them finished :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Kim, you have no idea. I can't wait to see them finished too. I've got to get use to letting go so I can make more. The list of ideas in my head is turning into and iceberg. Thanks for hanging in there.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...