Thursday, March 18, 2010

Down Again

I haven't kept up. I had been felled by a titanium wrecking ball that smashed into the right side of my face. Eyeballs were ready to pop like eggs on a hot rock in Death Valley. I was breathing through a pipette, a very difficult thing to do, I wanted to blow my nose though zilch came out. At one point I couldn't sit up, didn't want to lie down, and one moment, things began to spin. And I wasn't dancing.

I'm a bit peeved at Lady Spring's debut. Maybe her fling with Old Man Winter didn't end well. I shouldn't have to suffer. But....

I'm ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I can breathe again. It's such a wonderful thing, breathing. No more pounding surf in my face. I'm smiling intstead of squinting. I'm finally back in the creative game.

2 comments:

Kim said...

oh Wendy- I feel your frustration and your pain! It is so horrible to want to move, to want to create, but to have your own body fighting against you and knocking you on your butt. I hope you continue to feel better and are up and running at full speed soon. I'm sending you a big healing hug ♥

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Oh Kim, you are so wonderful. Thanks for the big hug. Sending one back to you.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...