Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crazy Quilt

This is my crazy quilt I started about 100 years ago. Okay, maybe not that long ago but it does seem like it. I finally got the backing on and you can see a little of the crazy colored binding that is sewn on but has to be hand stitched down.

I used many jewel toned fabrics and there are many cool things embroidered on it. I have a spider and web which is suppose to be good luck, my name, and individual letters of my name in different areas. Plus a huge assortment of embroidery stitches. I was busy on this thing. It is a lap size and I just wanted to get it done. Way too many unfinished projects are hanging around, languishing in the land of 'Finish Me'.

I didn't post yesterday because I was on a low. I was in my flow while I was finishing Marlow but when I finish something I feel a little low and it lasts a long time. Not good for creative types, leads right into procrastination. This time I quickly wrote a list of things that need to be finished and those that need to be started, so my low hasn't lasted long. You know, it's the adrenaline of the deadline of a project that drains away when you're done.

Any hoo, the binding is something that can be done in front of the TV when I'm tired and I don't have to think about doing it. Really working hard to find more projects like that. I will finally have this project done, this month.

I'm on a roll. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...