Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Skull Ornaments

Here are the rest of my set of ten skulls. I still have to make the crossbones but I wanted to show that I've gotten back to work after the week from down below. Oh what a horrid week it has been. Bad days just take everything creative out of you. You question yourself again and again as to why you are even doing this.

But then you have to. Creating is like breathing. No matter what happens in real life, and life does seem to get in the way, you still do it. Take a piece of nothing and make something beautiful, fun, colorful.... Just because you can. When you feel all battered and bruised by life, your paints, color pencils, fabric, yarn, it's all waiting for you to let go and get back to the amazing.

I want to thank my followers for their support. It's great knowing that I'm not alone on my creative journey. I will try not to disappoint.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I agree with you completely. If I don't create something in my day--- even if it is only a dollhouse mini and not a huge project---I start to feel angry and depressed. Creating something is part of who I am--even when I am sick I just don't feel right if I don't have my art journal in the bed next to me for comfort. I hope this week is better♥ Love the skulls :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hey Kim, I like the idea of the art journal. I have 3 started but none are filled. I will keep one by my bed too. This week is starting off great. My Koji bear sold. Thanks.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...