Friday, February 12, 2010

More Needle Felting

I have been neglecting my posts but I guess that's what happens when life shows up. Oh well, I'm back for more. These little guys are going to be skull ornaments. They have been wet felted and I don't know if I like it or not. I suppose it depends on how they turn out. They look like huge cocoons. Those would be some huge moths coming out of those if they were. Not quite Mothra size but you get where I'm coming from.

They are going to be skulls with corssbones because I have a thing for pirates right now. Yes, everyone thinks of Johnny Depp but my love affair started with Yul Bryner as Jean LaFitte (sp). Those tight pants, yowza! Maybe I'm really dating myself here. Doesn't matter, I'm happy with me and all the great things I've been through. I'm looking forward to more great things.
These unusually shaped balls were suppose to be friends of Oswin. The results of my first wet felting mishap. The thing was to put the balls into a stocking and into the hot wash. Well, my apartment washer has one hot wash cycle and it's heavy duty. Not good for what I wanted to do. I am looking forward to the day when I have a very nice place to live with my own washer and dryer with different settings.
Any hoo, the apartment washer just massacred my wonderfully felt balls and shrank them several sizes. Yes, I almost cried, because it's not like I had a lot of wool to work with. Then I started to laugh and tried to figure out if I should toss them or work with them.
I didn't toss them and stared at them several times (months) before deciding to finish them. The long pointy things are arms and legs, also wet felted. Man, you've got to really get the feel of wet felting. I will probably try doing it again because I'm just creatively stubborn that way.
Grocery shopping has been done and now it's time to get creative.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...