Thursday, February 4, 2010

Marlow & Jesserina the Rat

Here they are! I'm so happy the way they turned out. The one thing about a prototype is that you learn what works and what doesn't work. You learn about short cuts, and what not to do the next time. Main lesson, do the head and face first. Way different approach from when I make cloth dolls. For me, the face is the last thing to do.

Marlow has her purple spider print bloomers on with a black wired ribbon sash with bow. I love wired ribbon. Her eyes are purple and she has a bright green stump in the top of her head. Her hair is dyed green and purple mohair which I've had for ages and will have to use up soon because it's doing weird things. She also has bead earrings.

Jesserina (Jeffrey's cousin), was a lot of fun to do. Yes, she's on the Rubenesque side, but she's in my world. She has a gold ribbon collar with a dark green bead (stylin'), wool feet and ears, fancy yarn tail (extra long for grabbing cheese), and nice beady red eyes. Marlow loves her to bits.

They are off to a professional photographer, so in the near future I'll have a really good pic of the two of them. I've written down all my steps and will rearrange the order for the next one. I'm so excited. Studio is a mess again and the cycle continues. Mess up, clean up.

I stabbed myself over six times with the felting needle. Holy smokes and drew blood twice. Sporting a bandage right now. But it was worth it and Marlow is truly my baby because she has a bit of my DNA. I wonder if I can wear a carving glove next time. Hmm. Maybe not. Too clunky.

I hope you enjoyed Marlow's journey. I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation of the next project.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...